Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The project must treat a problem within the area of scientific computing. A detailed specification and time plan for the project must be made. A literature search in the area must be carried out, and relevant literature must be studied as a preparation before the project. The project work is presented in a written report and in an oral presentation.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the students should be able to:
- independent plan, carry out, report (orally and in writing), a project in the area of scientific computing, and justify conclusions,
- collect and systematise requirements and expectations on the deliverables of the project and assess the reasonableness of these in relation to available time and resources,
- choose a course of action and prepare, follow and adapt a plan for the project,
- write reports in Swedish or English complying to established standards regarding design, language, style and content,
- orally report project results with requirements on preparation, content, style and time used,
in order to
- be well prepared for a degree project in the area of scientific computing.
Literature and preparations
Research articles in the area of scientific computing.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 7.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DD2444
Main field of study
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: