The course will give students specializing in theoretical computer science a way to apply and deepen their knowledge in an individual project.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Both course content and assessment are designed individually for each student.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the student should be able to solve a design or investigative task in theoretical computer science with limited supervision, and to report the result of such a task. It implies to be able to:
- independently plan, carry out and report a design or investigative task in theoretical computer science,
- acquire and evaluate information applicable for carrying out the task,
- choose a course of approach and define, follow and follow up a plan for carrying out the task in a given resource budget,
- write readable reports in English or Swedish that satisfy established norms as to structure, language and contents,
- orally report a work with certain requirements of preparation, structure, style and time,
- show increased knowledge and skills in theoretical computer science
in order to
- apply and deepen his or her knowledge in theoretical computer science in a larger individual project work.
Literature and preparations
Advanced algorithms equivalent to the course DD2440.
Completed or at least started three courses within the Theoretical computer science track of the Computer Science master's programme.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 7.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Passed individual project assignment (PRO1).
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DD2467
Main field of study
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: