Information for research students about course offerings
P4 every year
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course consists of two blocks, each consisting of a project assignment, lectures and exercise sessions. Block one includes analysis and modeling of the need for Information exchange for power system control. The aim is to train the students to analyze different perspectives on information necessary for power system control. The project assignment in the block includes implementation of a simple information model for the exchange of data on power systems. Block two includes basics in programming techniques and computer science focusing on machine learning methods with applications in power systems. The project assignment in the block consists of developing machine learning algorithms for forecasting.
Intended learning outcomes
The aim of the course is to train the students in developing computer systems for advanced planning, operation and control of electric power systems.
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
· Analyze a control problem and suggest appropriate system architecture.
· Analyze the need for information exchange and suggest appropriate information models and protocols.
· Develop simple software for a controller.
· Analyze the information needed for a given automation and control function for power systems.
· Create consistent information models for power systems control
The course is to a large extent performed as project assignments in which information models and analysis methods are developed.
Literature and preparations
Bachelor degree corresponding to 180 ECTS and Eglish level 6.
EH2741 communication and control in electric power systems
EH2741 Communication & Control in Electric Power Systems
Artifical Intelligence a Modern Approach, Russel & Norvig
IntelliGrid Common Information Model Primer, EPRI Technical Report 2013
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- PRO1 - Project Assigment 1, 1,5 hp, betygsskala: P, F
- PRO2 - Project Assigment 2, 3,0 hp, betygsskala: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The examination consists of two project assignments
Project 1 involves requirements analysis and information modeling for control of electric power systems
Project 2 involves analysis, design and implementation of a applicaiton in Java
Other requirements for final grade
Passed all examination components
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
No information inserted
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
No information inserted
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web EH2745
Main field of study
EH2751 Communication & Control in electric power systems, project course
Lars Nordström (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: http://www.kth.se/en/eecs/utbildning/hederskodex.