This course has been discontinued.
Last planned examination: Autumn 2022
Decision to discontinue this course:No information inserted
Content and learning outcomes
- General principles/Agent theory
- Principles/theory applied in brokerage: the broker fee, time on market etc.
- Price formation and value theory in the housing market.
- Auction theory and different models applied in Real Estate Brokerage.
- Organization and management of the brokerage firm; Franchise versus ownership, service management, listing service etc.
- Miscellaneous; trends in brokerage, e-marketing, regulation of the brokerage industry.
Intended learning outcomes
The aims of the course is to provide the student with theories and models that have applications in Real Estate Brokerage and within the given framework discuss the latest developments in the industry.
The course will be conducted in six seminars. Fore each seminar the student will have to prepare a short presentation based on one out of five articles. Some of the articles are general in nature wile others are direct related to Real Estate Brokerage.
Literature and preparations
Admission to postgraduate studies.
Announced when the course starts.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Active part in the seminars and a term paper on a chosen topic.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.