Information for research students about course offerings
The course is given springterm 2022 in P3.
Application to: Minna Hakkarainen, email@example.com
Content and learning outcomes
- lectures (approximately 28 hours)
- home assignments
- seminar with oral presentations
Intended learning outcomes
After completion of the course the doctoral student should have the knowledge and ability to
- explain the principles of common experimental methods, which were presented during the course, and how they can be applied for characterization of polymers and fiber-based materials
- at the basic level analyze and interpret data obtained with the main methods presented during the course
- orally and in writing present in principles for a selected characterization method and how it can be used in own research project
During the course the fundamentals of a variety of experimental methods for characterization and evaluation of polymers and fibre based materials will be presented. The course will give a brief background and explanation about the principals of the experimental methods, present typical and illustrative data obtained by each method and give basics of data interpretation.
Literature and preparations
Eligible for studies at the third-cycle level and basic knowledge in chemistry and polymer science.
Lecture notes and other material that is referred to or distributed during lectures, such as scientific articles
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- DEL2 - Participation, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- INL1 - Hand in assignment, 4.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM2 - Seminars, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Examination of the course consists of 80% attendance at the lectures, one homeassignment connected to each lecture and an oral presentation and attendance at 1 out of 3 oral presentation seminars
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web FKF3260
Main field of study
If the examination form is changed, the student will be examined according to the examination form that applied when the student was admitted to the course. If the course is completed, the student is given the opportunity to be examined on the course for another two academic years.