Content and learning outcomes
Individual supervision of students in a degree project and to plan and carry out research work through supervision of a student.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student will have acquired:
- the practical knowledge of individually supervising students
- the ability to plan and carry out a longer project through the supervision of a student
- the above under the supervision of a student project
- knowledge in how to individually supervise a student
Continuous meetings with the supervisor to discuss supervision, including a self-reflection regarding the supervision work.
Literature and preparations
Admitted to doctoral studies, in the subject area of materials science and engineering.
At least one year of doctoral studies is recommended before the course begins, to have sufficient knowledge and experience to supervise.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 6.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web FMH3900
Main field of study
The course FMH3900 replaces the course F4H5900 Research Planning and Supervision, from Autumn 2020.