The course covers a subfield of mathematical statistics, decided jointly between the examiner and the teacher/researcher/guest responsible for the current occasion of the course. The purpose of the course is to provide a detailed exposition of an active research area in mathematical statistics.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The contents for each occasion of the course will be decided jointly between the examiner and the teacher responsible for the course.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course the students are expected to:
- Explain the main results of the subfield studied in the course
- Outline the proofs of the main results in the subfield studied in the course
- Explain and motivate the methods in different applications
- Be able to solve problems and discuss research questions related to the theory
The course will be given either as an intensive course with lectures and problem solving or as a regular semester course with lectures, homework and computer assignments.
Literature and preparations
A Master’s degree in mathematics, applied mathematics or related field including at least 30 ECTS in mathematics. Additional requirements may be added for each occasion of the course.
To be announced at least four weeks before the course starts.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- HEM1 - Home assignments, 3.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TENM - Oral exam, 4.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Homework and an oral exam
Other requirements for final grade
Homework and an oral exam.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web FSF3946