HM1M00 The Logistic Process 7.5 credits
Content and learning outcomes
- Basic logistics concepts are presented and analyzed
- The various components of the logistics process will be introduced and analyzed
- Different logistics tools useful in change management are reviewed and explained
Intended learning outcomes
After completion of the course students will be able
- to describe and explain the role of logistics and substance in companies and the society
- structured to identify and describe the essential logistics related terms and activities in the logistics process
- to describe and handle aspects on warehousing, inbound logistics, and outbound distribution, within logistics effectiveness.
Lectures, seminars, at times study visits, and project work. 6 occasions. The course is given on half-time in the daytime and in Swedish, but is not a distance-course with distance tuition.
Literature and preparations
University studiesof at least120 credits (Swedish hp) and documented proficiency in Swedish B and English A, or equivalent.
Access to a computer and to the Internet.
Logistik - grunder och möjligheter (N.G. Storhagen), upplaga 4:1, 2011, ISBN 91-47-09676-3, Liber
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 4.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
- Passed written exam
- Passsed project
The grade on the written exam is also the finalgrade for the course.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web HM1M00