Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The thesis is one part of deeper studies within the knowledge field on second level. The thesis should be carried out within the knowledge field of the education programme. The thesis may be carried out within KTH or elsewhere. The student will be supervised by a supervisor , decided by KTH
Intended learning outcomes
After completed degree project, the student should be able to:
• apply relevant knowledge and skills acquired during the degree programme to solve a given problem.
• within the given frame, even with limited information, independently analyse and discuss complex issues, and deal with major problems at an advanced technological level.
• reflect on and critically examine their own and others scientific achievements.
• be able to document and present their work, within the given timeframe, with the highest standards of structural, procedural and language management.
• be able to identify the need for further knowledge and continuously develop their skills.
• reflect on sustainable development in context to their topic.
Literature and preparations
Within the Master´s programme Technology, Work and Health at least 60 higher education credits shall be finished before the thesis work, and at least 30 of those shall be on advanced level within the knowledge field.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 30.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
XUPP - Examination Question, 30.0, grade scale: P, F
Planning and carrying out the work according to the plan, written report and oral presentation
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web HN206X