HS1023 Structural Design of a House Project 7.5 credits
Projektering av ett husprojekt
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyBuilt Environment
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
Outcomes to receive an E grade:
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design various structural members of a house, and present the results as calculations and drawings
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a project
- Show the ability to apply knowledge from previous mechanical and structural courses
Course main content
- Lectures within the subject area
- Carry out design calculations and drawings for a house
Students in year 3 of the Bachelor of Science in Engineering programme Constructional Engineering and Design
HS1008 Structural Design in Civil Engineering
HS1021 Steel and Timber Structures
or equivalent courses
Litteratur från kurserna Byggmekanik 1, Byggmekanik 2, Konstruktionsteknik och Stål- och träkonstruktion samt ytterligare litteratur som bestäms inför varje kurstillfälle.
- PROA - Project Assignment, 5.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TENA - Examination, 2.5, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
To receive a final grade for this course, grade E or higher on the Project work (PROA, 5.0 credits) and on the written examination (TENA, 2.5 credits) are required
Overall course grade is based on grading scale A-F.
ABE/Constructional Engineering and Design
Johan Silfwerbrand <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Selection for courses with limited space: if the number of applications that meet entry requirements exceeds the availability for the course, selection will be based on the applicants' credits in the TIBYH programme.
Course previously given as 6H3211
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2015.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2015.