II1305 Project in Information and Communication Technology 7.5 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course trains the students in methods for design of a technical system containing information and communication technology under resource and time constraints. The methods are among others development process, project planning, reflection methods and design methods for technical systems .
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to
- in groups and with a structured developmental methodology carry out a project for development of a system with information and communication technology
- reflect on the project as a basis for improvements of the working method.
Literature and preparations
Completed courses in all of the following fields:
- Programming equivalent to ID1018
- Algorithms and Data Structures equivalent to the test part ARBA (course work) in ID1020
- Computer Hardware Engineering equivalent to IS1200
Active participation in a course offering where the final examination is not yet reported in LADOK is considered equivalent to completion of the course.
Registering for a course is counted as active participation.
The term 'final examination' encompasses both the regular examination and the first re-examination.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 7.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web II1305
Main field of study
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: http://www.kth.se/en/eecs/utbildning/hederskodex.