Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course is built up around the following themes:
- The aim, management, leadership and evaluation of higher education
- Development and transformation of higher education
- Changing strategies, education cultures and resistance
Intended learning outcomes
The general aim of the course is that current and potential faculty programme directors should be given possibilities to develop both visions and strategies as knowledge, methods and approaches for innovation, development and transformation at the department/programme/school.
After the course, participants are expected to be able to:
1. formulate a vision for the role, focus and design of the education;
2. identify possibilities and needs for development and transformation, both generally for university and higher education, and specifically in their own activities;
3. design strategies for education development and transformation and for handling resistance against change;
4. problematise and relate to different governances, rules and guidelines and different interested parties that have influence on or are affected by education development and transformation;
5. describe their own leadership role and its responsibility, authority and possibilities to drive change.
Literature and preparations
LH231V or the equivalent course from another university. This course is aimed towards teachers that have management responsibilities or that are interested of such assignments in education development.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The course is examined based on preparation, active attendance at course meetings and through written assignments.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LH217V
Main field of study
Prerequisite is the course LH231V or equivalent from KTH or another university or college.
The course is aimed primarily at teaching staff at KTH.
Teachers from other universities are welcome subject to availability.