Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
This course should contribute to knowledge on gender research and gender equality, as well as the basics on how this knowledge can be used in various ways in teaching and learning in higher education, in the classroom, in program syllabus development, as well as in learning environments and organisational development work of higher education departments. Teachers should be able to discuss how a gender perspective can be integrated in one´s teaching, i.e. how a gender perspective could develop the subject content. Further, teachers should be able to strive for a gender-conscious teaching and learning, and integration of knowledge of gender equality in teaching, in development of learning environments, and in educational programmes. The aim is that the education at KTH, the learning environments and the organisation should be characterised by gender equality and contribute to knowledge development in the technical areas of KTH, with a focus on gender and equality.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Describe and discuss central concepts, theories and methods in gender research and analyse the relation of the concepts to one's own subject area
- Plan courses based on an integrated gender perspective on one´s own subject area content, by analysing and developing course literature, learning outcomes and assessment
- Analyse, make visible and problematize the importance of gender, in the structure and instruction methods and practice of higher education
- Evaluate and develop the practice of teaching by implementing gender-conscious teaching and learning and knowledge on (gender) equality
- Promote cooperation among teachers and students in departments, tracks or educational programmes, with the aim to analyse and develop equality integration, gender-conscious educational working methods and subject related gender development
Literature and preparations
At least 3 higher education credits university-pedagogical course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminar, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The examiner decides, in consultation with KTH's coordinator for disabilities (Funka), about possible adapted examination for course participants with documented, permanent disabilities.
The examiner may permit other examination formats at re-examination of individual course participants.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LH225V
Main field of study
Prerequisite is the course LH231V or equivalent from KTH or another university or college.
The course is tailored for teachers at KTH. It is included in course offerings that meetKTH´s requirement of 15 credits in academic teaching teaching for employment or promotion to a teaching position.