Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course is built around a number of aspects that are crucial in challenge driven education, for example: design methods & creativity; facilitation and supervision of student teams; assessment and grading of students teams; engagement of external stakeholders in student projects; sustainable development concepts and methods. Through the course the participants are working with designing their own challenge driven project courses supported by a number of seminars, hands-on workshops on key topics, and collaboration with fellow course participants.
Intended learning outcomes
The objective is that the participants after finishing the course should be able to design, plan and implement challenge driven project courses. This implies that the participants should be able to:
1. explain and discuss the concepts challenge driven education, sustainable development, innovation, key competencies, and implement these concepts in learning activities;
2. identify and analyze societal challenges and solutions in relation to UN’s Sustainable Development Goals;
3. describe, apply and introduce students to specific design methods and creativity methods suitable for open ended socio-technical projects;
4. formulate relevant learning objectives for challenge-driven learning processes and plan for and perform appropriate assessment and grading of individual students in team projects;
5. apply methods for engaging external stakeholders in challenge-driven projects;
6. plan for and assess the impact of challenge-driven projects;
7. select, apply, and motivate methodologies and exercises facilitating collaboration and innovativeness in multi-disciplinary student projects.
Literature and preparations
LH231V Teaching and Learning in Higher Education 7.5 credits or equivalent course from KTH or other university.
Will be handed out at the start of the course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LH233V
Main field of study
Prerequisite is the course LH231V or equivalent from KTH or another university or college.
The course is tailored for teachers at KTH. It is included in course offerings that meetKTH´s requirement of 15 credits in academic teaching teaching for employment or promotion to a teaching position.
Teachers from other universities are welcome subject to availability.