This is the course for those who want to learn more about digital learning!
The course contains workshops, seminars/webinars, self-study material and assignments on various aspects of digital education.
Topics of the course includes: Introduction to Digital learning, Digital assessment, Online and/or blended learning activities, Theoretical perspectives of digital learning, Digital learning in the light of industry 4.0.
The course aims to contribute to your development of skills and abilities to analyze, plan, create, implement, and evaluate learning and teaching in a digital education environment.
More detailed information incl. application form and schedule can be found here: https://www.kth.se/social/course/LH238V/
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Main themes for the course are:
- Basic theoretical perspectives on learning and teaching in digital environments.
- Design and organisation of web-based courses.
- Teaching and learning activities using digital tools.
- Assessment and examination using digital tools.
- Web-based types of instruction and the role of the teacher in a digital education environment.
Intended learning outcomes
The course intends to contribute to university teachers' development of proficiencies and abilities to analyse, plan, create, carry out and evaluate learning and teaching in a digital education environment.
After passing the course, the participant should be able to:
- Describe and apply central concepts, theories and methods in digital learning in relation to their own teaching practices.
- Create learning activities and assignments for assessment with digital tools.
- Reflect on how digitalisation influence the preconditions for one's own teaching, the students' learning and one's own role as a teacher in a short and long perspective.
Literature and preparations
Completed the course LH231V or the equivalent, at KTH or other university or university college.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PROA - Project, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminars, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Active participation in the learning activities of the course.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LH238V
Main field of study
Prerequisite is the course LH231V or equivalent from KTH or another university or college.
The course is tailored for teachers at KTH. It is included in course offerings that meetKTH´s requirement of 15 credits in academic teaching teaching for employment or promotion to a teaching position.
Teachers from other universities are welcome subject to availability.