This course, with continuous assessment, feedback, interactive lessons, will prepare you to use the language in many situations, with a focus on, among other things, issues related to technology and sustainable development.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Advanced study of French grammar. Exercises in reading and presenting texts of general and technical nature. Exercises in understanding and participating in conversation. Written production (for example summaries, letters, CV).
Intended learning outcomes
The intended learning outcomes for the course refer mainly to the level B1, with certain elements of B2, according to CEFR, the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and aim to strengthen the student's global competence.
On completion of the course, the student should, in addition to what is specified in courses at lower levels, be able to:
• understand the contents of clear standard speech about general subject areas (B1/B2)
• understand and account for short authentic texts with a connection to technology (B1/B2)
Spoken interaction and production
• talk and argue informally about subjects of personal interest or linked to studies, work, or current events (B1)
• give an individually prepared presentation of a specialised nature (B1)
• write different types of text of general and technical nature (B1)
Literature and preparations
Basic university qualification. Completion and pass of French A2 for Engineers, equivalent older course, or the equivalent knowledge demonstrated in a compulsory placement test.
Course literature will be announced before the start of the course.
Recommended reference literature and electronic resources will be listed in the course information or in a similar way.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- KONA - Assessment, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LEXA - Continuous Assessment, 6.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The examiner determines, in consultation with the KTH coordinator for support to students with disabilities (Funka), possible customized examination for students with any documented and permanent functional disability. The examiner may offer a different type of exam for re-examination of individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
All examination parts passed
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LS1434