Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The student is introduced to the activities and the organisation of the school by spending a longer period at a school. The student should participate in the school activities, under supervision, mainly through teaching and auscultation, but also through participation in meetings, conferences and similar. Subjects and school type should be relevant for the student's future higher education qualification.
In the studies imply, theory and practice will be integrated, based on experiences, relevant subject knowledge and systematic reflection.
Intended learning outcomes
1. Under supervision plan, carry out, evaluate and document lessons with contents in accordance with current regulations
2. Discuss and analyse planned and completed teaching, based on educational sciences and proven experience
3. In teaching context communicate in speech and writing with pupils and school staff in suitable ways
4. Discuss how interdisciplinary perspectives such as equality, equal opportunities, sustainable development and ethics can be brought up in the educational activities
5. Use and discuss the use of aids and support material in the form of e.g. textbooks, computer programs, calculation aids and distance teaching equipment
6. In different situations respond to pupils and school staff in a respectful way and identify and analyse own values and attitudes that can be of importance for this response
7. be able to describe, assess and give examples of his/her own strengths and areas of development, based on the experiences and the expected learning outcomes from this course, prior to the next placement course, and generally for the teacher role.
Literature and preparations
For KPULU: General admission requirements.
For LÄRGR: General admission requirements with at least 90 credits of subject knowledge in the subjects of chemistry, physics, technology and/or mathematics , equivalent the content of year 1 and 2.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignments, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminars, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- VFU1 - School placement, 12.0 credits, grading scale: VG, G, U
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Attendance and active participation during the whole period in school.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LT1013
Main field of study
The course is taken in close connection to other courses during the same semester. Assignments such as observation exercises, data collection and similar, for these courses, will be set during the placement.
A student who failed in the course may take it once again (in total at most two trials, including the first). This type of limitation is allowed for courses that contain placement or equivalent (see The Higher Education Ordinance SFS 1993:100, Chapter 6, Section 21).