This is one of three courses that are taken in grades 1-4 within the Civil Engineering and Teacher programme. One course is read per year, but the courses are read together so that the students can meet across year boundaries and specialization boundaries. The course aims to make the course participants better students, among other things by showing how the program's courses are connected and giving everyone an opportunity to reflect on their study situation and current courses. It should create contacts between the grades and with teachers, and it also has a program quality development function. The course consists of regular reflection seminars in cross-year small groups, lectures and exercises in rhetoric.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
· Self-regulated learning (for example study techniques, one´s own responsibility, procrastination, self-reflection).
· Rhetoric and presentation techniques.
· The implementation of the education (for example official course syllabuses, intended learning outcomes, grading criteria, examination, programme objectives, generic skills, common thread in the education, the set-up of the CLGYM programme, options, quality development, student influence).
· Evaluation of the programme.
· Working life and society aspects (for example lifelong learning, employability, equal opportunities, equality, ergonomics and mental health, internationalisation, and professional roles).
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student shall be able to
1. Reflect and use methods to plan his/her studies in the short and long term
2. Relate the progression in subject knowledge and skills to the objective of the course and the future professional roles
3. Analyse and take a position on social and ethical questions in technology and educational sciences
Literature and preparations
Admitted to the programme CLGYM
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- SEM1 - Seminars and assignments, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Active participation in all compulsory activities.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LT1041