Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course deals with the school as a physical and digital arena for social interaction and learning. Special attention is given to the role of the teacher as a leader, but also other relations that are of importance for the schoolwork are brought up: pupils' relations to one another and relations between teachers, school headmasters, other school staff, pupils and guardians. The course covers the importance of communication for a good learning and working environment, also communication concerning potentially sensitive subjects as sexuality, discrimination and gender.
Intended learning outcomes
1. Propose and discuss strategies for communicating in a respectful and ethical way about pupils' learning, development and social situation with colleagues, the pupils themselves, and their parents/guardians.
2. Reflect on the perspective of pupils and teachers on the leadership in school and on factors that contribute to creating a sustainable social climate for learning
3. Discuss and evaluate methods to counteract conflicts in school classes and other working groups
4. Propose and critically review methods to bring up potentially sensitive questions in teaching and other schoolwork, concerning for example discrimination, special treatment, sexuality, gender identities and coexistence
5. Analyse methods to organise the work in different types of teaching situations, for example project work, language developing working methods, and use of digital aids
Literature and preparations
General entry requirements.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Written assignments, 6.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- SEM1 - Seminars, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Active participation in compulsory teaching components.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LT1046
Main field of study
In parallel with the course school placement (VFU) is carried out. Assignments that are carried out on and/or in collaboration with the placement school are included.