Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Advanced course in the didactics where knowledge in the epistemology of technology is deepened and the place of the technical subjects in the education system are discussed. Large part of the time is devoted to studies of current technology didactics scientific articles in a field that the course coordinator determines after having consulted the students.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to
1. Describe some of the ways to regard and classify technical knowledge, and apply this to planning and analysing teaching and assessment in primary and/or upper-secondary school.
2. Contrast technical knowledge and skills against other skills and, based on this, discuss the place of the technical subjects in the education system
3. Give example of how technology instruction can and should be adapted for pupils with special needs
4. Plan and analyse examining work in the technology subjects including assessment aspects
5 Problematise and review the use of different teaching resources and aids critically (both digital and analogue) in technology instruction
6 Account for current research about teaching and learning technology in a specific field and discuss its relevance for the teaching in primary, secondary and/or upper-secondary school.
Literature and preparations
Passing grade (minimum Pass or E) for the courses LT1041 School Placement 1 (15 credits), and UM7101 Science Education, Curriculum Studies and Assessment (10 credits).
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Written assignments, 4.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- SEM1 - Seminars, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The final grade is decided by the grade for INL1.
Other requirements for final grade
Active participation in compulsory seminars.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LT2045
Main field of study
Placement is carried out in parallel with this course. Data collection, interviews and the like at the placement school can occur.