MF1035 Electrical Engineering, Basic Course Media 6.0 credits
The emphasis in this course is on teaching relevant electrical engineering concepts to engineers who will be users, not designers, of electrical, electromagnetic and electronic systems.
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyElectrical Engineering
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the student will be able to
- Analyze the conditions in simple circuits such as DC, AC and transient events of the first order.
- Use a microcontroller to solve simple tasks such as controlling the voltage to an electric DC-motor.
- Design a digital design to solve a combinatorial problem.
- Estimate the deviations in the measurement results.
- Connect simple electrical circuits.
- Connect electric measuring instruments such as multimeter and oscilloscopes to simple electrical circuits. Performing measurements with these instruments.
- Experimentally determine the current-voltage-characteristics of a device or component.
- Determine whether the various electrical devices and components can be connected.
- Solve simple problems and show the solution function by performing an experiment.
- Give a short oral presentation about the outcome of an experiment or a laboratory exercise.
- Translate the substance technical terms into English.
- Work constructively in a group of 2-3 persons with laboratory and experimenta.
All together you will be able to
- facilitating active cooperation with specialists in electrical engineering
- provide a basis for further studies in this area.
Course main content
Electrical circuits: DC, AC and transients.
Analog cirquits for signalcondition of sensorsignals before ADC (analog to digital conversion).
Electrical measurements: Measuring with multimeter and oscilloscope. Use of LabVIEW
Sensors: Sensors for light, mechanical and thermal quantities.
Digital electronics and microcontrollers: Analysis and synthesis of combinatorical and orientation on sequence cirquits. The functionality of a microprocessor and a microcontroller. Use of microcontrollers in simple applications.
Circuit and network theory. Elementary electronic circuits. Operational amplifiers. Measuring instruments and measurements.
Transducers for mechanical and thermal quantities. Fundamentals of digital systems. Introduction to microprocessor computer systems and assembly language programming.
CMETE1: SF1624,SF1625/SF1608, SF1609
It is presumed that students starting this course will have attended the compulsory mathematics and physics courses for Media.
- INL1 - Hand in Task, 3.0, grading scale: P, F
- LAB1 - Laboratory Work, 1.5, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 1.5, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
Written exam (TEN1; 1,5 cr), hand in assignment (INL1; 3 credits),. Laboratory work (LAB1; 1,5 cr)
Mikael Hellgren, email@example.com, 08-790 6306
Hans Johansson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
MF2030 Mechatronics Basic Course
MF1016 Basic Electrical Engineering. In this course you will learn more about motor control.
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2012.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2007.