MF2060 Industrial Design Engineering Advanced Course, Part 1 12.0 credits
Industriell design högre kurs, del 1
Design is the main topic in the course were the content is circuit around an individual design project. A large part of the background studies are made in groups. In the project the different parts are gathered together and designed as a whole. The design project focuses on a product which is designed to work in a circular product-service-system.
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of studyMechanical Engineering
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
.After passing the course, the students should be able to:
- design a complex product based on user studies, trademark and sustainable development.
- use methods for user-driven design as well as proceed from the users need in the design process.
- shape a platform for trademark with the purpose to support design of products and services.
- understand and have experience from how technology, economics and industrial design is combined in a successful product realization project and also understand the roles of the different participants.
- apply skills in presentation and communication in actual projects.
- use knowledge of current research within the design area.
Course main content
During the course different methods and tools are studied in order to understand the user and their needs as well as analysing the result. As an example user studies are planned and performed.
Another area of importance is trademark, were stratigies are studied and how they influence design of products and services. Moreover actual research within the design area is discussed.
One part of the course is a cooperation with other disciplines of education in economy and design. The goal is to give the students experience in group dynamics and the different roles existing in product development.
Included in the course is a research preparatory part of 1,5 credits.
Admitted to TIPDM, track Industrial Design Engineering (IPDC)
"Research Methods for Product Design”, Alex Milton & Paul Rogers
"The Brand Gap", Marty Neumeier
- PRO3 - Project, 3.0, grading scale: P, F
- PRO4 - Project, 2.0, grading scale: P, F
- PRO5 - Project, 4.0, grading scale: P, F
- PRO6 - Project, 3.0, grading scale: P, F
The examination is based on the students active participation in group work and seminars, the quality of hand in exercises (both individual and in group) and writing tasks as for example peer review.
Teo Enlund (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Teo Enlund <email@example.com>
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2017.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2017.