Course contents *
The main contents are adapted to the degree project; the in-depth topic study, application area, academic or industrial environment, in Sweden or internationally, etc.
With a high degree of initiative and independence, formulate and solve an engineering problem by using a wide range of skills. The subject for the degree project can vary, but it must contain significant technical contents and include a clear application of mechatronics.
Intended learning outcomes *
From the goals for degree project for engineering degree established by KTH, the student should be able to:
1. demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the scientific foundation and best practices for the chosen subject, as well as an advanced understanding in current research and development, and advanced knowledge on methods.
2. demonstrate the ability to search for, gather and integrate knowledge and identify their need for additional knowledge, all with a holistic, critical and systematic work approach
3. demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse, assess and handle complex phenomena, issues and situations also with limited information
4. demonstrate the ability to plan and with adequate methods carry out qualified assignments within given time frames and to evaluate this work
5. demonstrate the ability to develop and evaluate products, processes, systems, methods or technical solutions with respect to people's circumstances and needs, as well as society's goals in term of economically, socially and ecologically sustainable development
6. demonstrate the ability, both orally and in writing, in dialogue with different groups, to clearly account for and discuss their conclusion and the knowledge and arguments on which these are based
7. demonstrate the ability to make assessments considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects
8. show such skills that is required to participate in research and development or to work independently in other qualified activities
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge of the principles of the structure of a mechatronic system and its function
- suggest, explain and defend (industrial) design solutions for composite mechatronic products
- orally and in writing, in dialogue with others, account for and discuss one's conclusions, for mechatronic problems and solutions.