Dejiu Chen is a Docent and Associate Professor in Embedded Control Systems, focusing on trustworthy human-compatible Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) with automotive and medical applications.
My research is centered on the development of novel technologies for the modeling, design, analysis and management ofEmbedded Computer Control Systems (ECS) as an integral part of intelligentCyber-Physical Systems (CPS). As the computer systems inside various machinery and equipment, ECS are typically responsible for the realizations of many intelligent application features that account for large portions of the innovations and value-added, e.g. relating to the driving-assistance and self-driving of automotive vehicles. It is expected that ECS would constitute the key enabler for most of the Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) in the foreseeable future where physical processes (i.e. the physical part), computation and communication services (i.e. the cyber part) have to be treated as an integrated whole. Targeting the system trustworthiness throughout entire lifecycles, my research is focused especially on the integrations of domain-specific technologies and scientific methods for the effective development of heterogeneous functions, information and communication services, on given electronic, electrical and mechanical platforms. The research contributions are made in the following two areas:
- Model-Based Development of Embedded Control Systems and Cyber-Physical Systems (MBD-ECS-CPS).
- Dynamic Self-Management of Embedded Control Systems and cyber-physical systems(DSM-ECS-CPS).
see here for a pitch:
Some Current and Past Projects:
- TRUSST-E, EUREKA EURIPIDES2, from 2021.04 - Current. Contributing in the areas of trustable embedded systems for automotive, aviation and industrial applications.
- SALIENCE4CAV, VINNOVA FFI, from 2021.01 – Current. Contributing in the areas of formal reasoning of product-line variability for operational safety of autonomous vehicles.
- SocketSense EU H2020, from 2019.01 – Current. Contributing in the areas of systems engineering, wearable sensor system design, advanced state estimation and condition inference for IoMT.
- ESPLANADE, VINNOVA FFI, from 2017.01 – 2020.06. Contributing in the areas of requiremements analysis, architecture design, and dynamic safety control for autonomous vehicles.
- TRACE, EUREKA CATRENE, from 2016.01 - 2019.10. Contributing in the areas of system analysis, dependability, componentization, online quality-of-service support for the compositionality&composability of autonomous vehicles.
- CPS for Smart Factories, EIT Digital, during 2013.01-2015.12. Contributing in the areas of ontology, methods and tools for qualified process automation for Industry 4.0.
- MAENAD(Model-based Analysis&Engineering of Novel Architectures for Dependable Electric Vehicles), EU FP7, during 2010.09-2014.03. Contributing in the areas of modelling support for the analysis of performance and dependability.
- CESAR (Cost-efficient methods and processes for safety relevant embedded systems), ARTEMIS-JU, during 2009.03-2012.06. Contributing in the areas of architecture modelling, architecture design and quality assessment techniques, and tool specifications (new & enhancement).
- ATESST2 (Advancing Traffic Efficiency and Safety through Software Technology), EU FP7, during 2008.06-2010.06. Contributed in the areas of safety engineering, behaviour modelling, methodology development, case studies, etc.
- DySCAS (Dynamically Self-Configuring Automotive Systems), EU FP6, during 2006.06-2009.02. Conducted the design of a reference system architecture that incorporates the autonomic computing paradigm for automotive embedded systems.
- ATESST (Advancing Traffic Efficiency and Safety through Software Technology), EU FP6, ATESST, during 2006-2008. Contributed to the development of EAST-ADL2 language in the areas of requirements analysis, language design for a model-based safety assessment, demonstration and tool development.
- NFCCPP(Numerical Fuel Cell Component Performance Prediction), EU FP5, during 2004-2005. Developed a software system for cross-enterprise model exchange and integration in the development of fuel cell systems.
- EAST-EEA (Electronics Architecture and Software Technology-Embedded Electronic Architecture), EUREKA ITEA, EAST-EEA, during 2003-2004. Contributed to the technology investigation for the development of EAST-ADL language.
Over 80 peer-reviewed papers. More information available throughPublication List.
For further information, please see my resumehere.
Degree Project in Embedded Control Systems, Second Cycle (MF219X), examiner | Course web
Degree Project in Machine Design, Second Cycle (MF229X), examiner | Course web
Degree Project in Mechatronics, Second Cycle (MF214X), examiner, teacher | Course web
Degree Project in Mechatronics, Second Cycle (MF224X), examiner, teacher | Course web
Embedded Systems for Mechatronics (MF2103), examiner, course responsible, teacher | Course web
Literature course on Artificial Intelligence for CPS Operation Monitoring and Anomaly Detection (FMF3037), examiner | Course web
Programming in C for Embedded Systems (MF2095), teacher | Course web