The project should be carried out in the field of production engineering by applyingthe student’s previous knowledge. Each individual student must submit a comprehensive written report on the project.
To be admitted to the course, you have to be accepted as a participant in the summer internship programmes at Scania or Sandvik. Applications to those programmes are filed via the company web sites.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Project work should be carried out in the field of production engineering by applying the student’s previous knowledge. Each individual student must submit a comprehensive written report on the project.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student will be able to:
- apply knowledge and skills acquired during engineering studies in problem solving in the area of production engineering
- plan the work to achieve desired goals
- present the work and results in a written report with proper content, structure and language
The course is run as a summer internship programme at Scania or Sandvik.
Literature and preparations
General entrance requirements for university studies and active studies in engineering programme
Eligibility for studies second year of mechanical engineering programme
MJ1103 Introduction to Mechanical Engineering,
MF1001 Mechanical Engineering,
MF1046 Design and Product Realization, Introduction or
MF1061 Introduction to Design and Product Realisation
or the equivalent
Beroende på individuellt behov
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment, 6.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Approved final report and seminar presentation of the project work.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MG1400
Main field of study
Courses within the area of Production Engineering
Admittance granted only by examiner