Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Exrecises, studies of use cases and presentatrions on application solutions
Intended learning outcomes
After passing this course, the student will be able to
- select proper material and components for welded structures, according to best practice
- explain and use important standards for quality assurance and production of welded structures
- develop proper procedures for welding manufacturing
- compile and present valid requirements for specific cases of welded structures
- present the contents of regulatory documents such as welding and inspection plans
- give an account of when third party certification and inspection is required, and of the required documents
- discuss the need and level of non-destructive and destructive testing
The course is given during two full weeks of intense studies.
External experts give lectures and exercises in their expertise areas.
Seminars with discussions in conjunction with lectures
Oral and written presentations of individual case studies and laboratory exercises
Literature and preparations
MG1010 Introductory Welding Technology, general course
MG1011 Introductory Welding Technology, advanced course
MG1012 Non-Destructive Testing
or the equivalent
MG1010 Introductory Welding Technology, General Course
MG1011 Introductory Welding Technology, Advanced Course
MG1012 Non-Destructive Testing
MG2013 Advanced Welding Technology, Module 1
MG2014 Advanced Welding Technology, Module 2
MG2015 Advanced Welding Technology, Module 3
SIS HB 514 Kvalitetssäkring vid svetsning
Utdelat material under kursens gång
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- DEL1 - Attendance, - credits, grading scale: P, F
- INL1 - Assignment, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Written exam, 3.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Exercise, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
In addition to the examination modules, sufficient attendance is required
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MG2016
Main field of study
Only for students of a programme or exchange students at KTH. Admittance will only be granted after separate application.