- Process technologies
- Production planning and control
- Supply Chain Management
Course is given in english
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
- introduction to manufacturing technology and planning
- quantitative and qualitative studies of different manufacturing methods
- process selection for achieving desired product properties
- structure and numerical control of machine tools
- metal cutting
- analysis of machining operations
- accuracy problems in manufacturing
- advanced, special and non-conventional machining
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student will be able to:
- explain and visualise how manufacturing equipment and systems work and are used in manufacturing industryexplain principles, possibilities and limitations for different manufacturing and measuring methods
- select and evaluate different manufacturing methods for a given product and context
- explain how casting, plastic deformation methods and heat treatment influence the material structure and the mechanical properties of products
- identify and select cutting parameters and explain their influence on the machinability and their mutual relations from a material perspective
Literature and preparations
180 cr in engineering and English B, or the corresponding
Only for students of the TPRMM Master Programme
Students of five year programmes at KTH should take one of the courses MG1016/MG1026 instead
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB2 - Laboratory work, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminars and study visit, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Written exam, 4.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Particpation in field trips
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MG2104
Main field of study
MG2009/MG2109 Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Not for students who have taken any of the courses MG1006, MG1016, MG1026, or the corresponding