MH1022 Fabrication Processes of Metals and Bio Fibres 7.0 credits
Content and learning outcomes
The first part of the course covers the basics of metals through hydro-and pyro-metallurgy and electro-chemical metallurgy.
The second part of the course provides an overview of the entire process from raw materials to paper products. The emphasis here is on the different ways you can free tree and plant fibers, how and why they work and what problems each approach brings.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the students should be able to:
- have obtained fundamental knowledge about the fundamental processes of metals and paper and their application in industrial settings.
- have obtained basic knowledge of different terminology basic concepts in materials production.
- be able to describe and explain how an industrial process chain for the material production of metals and paper is structured and why.
- have obtained a clear picture of today's professional role of engineers in the metal and paper processing industries.
- apply both Swedish and English as working language in the subject area.
Literature and preparations
MH1027 Thermodynamics of Materials, or similar
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- KON1 - Partial exam, 2.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- KON2 - Partial exam, 2.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- LAB1 - Laboratory, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminar, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MH1022
Main field of study
Students who have not passed the previous part TEN1 will be examined by oral examination during the period 2022-2023.