Information for research students about course offerings
Doctoral students who want to follow the course must register for the doctoral level course MH3401 Combustion in Industrial Processes 6.0 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Basic knowledge of combustion chemistry, thermodynamics and aerodynamics. Combustion of gaseous, liquid and solid fuels. Clean combustion to preserve the environment. Design of combustion processes.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
· Solve problems in combustion thermodynamics
· Evaluate combustion and aerodynamics in industrial furnaces
· Redesign existing furnaces to decrease fuel consumption, and particle and CO2 emissions
· Suggest the best available combustion technology (BAT) for industrial processes
· Describe the procedure for smoke gas measurement at combustion
Literature and preparations
Basic knowledge in thermodynamics and transport phenomena corresponding to the courses MH1027 Thermodynamics of Materials and MH1018 Transport phenomena, or the equivalent.
Anges i kurs-PM vid kursstart.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LAB1 - Laboratory Work, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Written examination, 2.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Students who have not passed project task (PRO1) with previous set of assessment modules are assessed in the module INL1.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MH2601
Main field of study
Coordinated together with the course MH2600 combustion in industrial processes 9.0 credits