Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The task is individually formulated for each student depending on his/her interest and the availability of suitable project tasks. The work can be carried out by two or more students but then in a manner allowing for identification of the contribution from each individual student.
Intended learning outcomes
Through the work and with adequate guidance, the student is expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- independently plan and carry out a limited design task or work on a technical inquiry within the topic Lightweight structures
- apply knowledge from the education on the performed project work
- collect additional knowledge and information necessary for the completion of the task
- orally present and discuss the prerequisites, methodology, approach and results of the work in a way that is clear and understandable for a technically conversant person
- present the work in writing at an agreed level of detail, in a way that enables a technically conversant person to understand and appreciate the work
Literature and preparations
Varies with assignment.
English B / English 6
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- RAP1 - Report, 3.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
• RAP1 - Written report, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Written report combined with continuous tutoring.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web SD2465
Main field of study
The course is managed through guidance rather than lecturing.
The course will be given after agreement with the examiner.