SD2724 Minor Marine Technology Project 3.0 credits
Content and learning outcomes
Independent project work. Supervision. Seminars. Oral and/or written reporting.
Intended learning outcomes
This course gives students the opportunity to perform an independent in-depth study within marine technology, individually or in collaboration with other students. The study can for example be:
- an in-depth study in some certain area, for example propeller theory or finite element analysis;
- a synthesis of mehtods and results that the student has conceived in other courses in the Master of Science Programs Naval Architecture or Maritime Engineering;
- a concept study, for example in collaboration with industrial design students from the University College in Arts, Craft and Design.
The objective is that students after finishing the course shall be able to:
- demonstrate substantially deeper methodological knowledge and understanding in some area of marine techology;
- demonstrate ability to, from a holistic perspective, critically, independently and creatively identify, formulate and deal with complex issues and situations in marine technology;
- demonstrate ability to plan and carry out advanced engineering tasks within given frames using appropriate methods and to evaluate this work;
- demonstrate ability to clearly present and discuss engineering conclusions and the knowledge and arguments behind them, orally and in writing.
Literature and preparations
Bachelor of science in vehicle engineering, engineering physics, mechanical engineering or similar and on-going studies within the naval architecture or maritime engineering programs at KTH.
English B / English 6
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- ÖVN1 - Assignments, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
ÖVN1 -3ECTS (P/F)
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web SD2724
Main field of study
The course will be given after agreement with the examiner.