The course consists of a major project work, enhancement of previous mechanics knowledge, and practice of general engineering attributes.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Project that is conducted individually or in group of maximum two students. The project should focus on analysis and simulation of problems in engineering mechanics.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the participant should be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills from previous courses, in particular in Engineering Mechanics.
- Formulate and specify problems in engineering mechanics and apply different methods of solution to these as well as judge the relevance of different methods.
- Study independently with the aim of consolidating and deepening of already acquired knowledge in engineering mechanics.
- Present solutions of complex and basic engineering mechanics problems in a written technical report with demands on content, structure and use of language.
- Present the work orally in a professional way.
- Explain the basics of some general engineering attributes such as ethics, career planning and entrepreneurship.
Literature and preparations
English B / English 6
The courses SE1025 FEM for engineering applications or SG1220 Fluid mechanics for engineers or similar courses on finite elements or fluid mechanics.
Compulsory courses in the field of study.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 15.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Project examination: PRO1 - Project, 15.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Other requirements for final grade
Project work (PROJ; 15 university credits).
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web SG2010
Main field of study
The project and the report are defined together with the designated supervisor and examiner.