Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course is subdivided into a parallel series of seminars, hereby giving the student an opportunity to explore a particular theme and to become acquainted with a research practice. Each seminar series is taught by lecturers with a research background.
Intended learning outcomes
The object of the course is to practice the student’s ability to formulate a field of research / a project, as a point of departure for a research/project on contemporary architecture.
After a completed course the student should be able to:
- complete a research on an architectural topic
- analytical and critical apply the research in an architectural proposal
- Critically reflect around architecture and the built environment from a sustainability perspective
Literature and preparations
Bachelor’s degree in architecture, or similar to the Basic Level of KTH Degree programme in Architecture (180hp).
To be announced at course start.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- MOM1 - Moment1, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
A requirement for examination is 80% attendance and active participation at lectures, seminars and tutorials. Completed and approved written assignement.
Special regulations for completion apply. The rules for completion can be found on the programme web.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web A42SEH