AG2421 A GIS Project 7.5 credits
A team project on various topics of GIS with emphasis on acquisition, analysis, visualization and mining of geographic data.
Students will have the opportunity to work with an experienced Project Manager from a GIS consulting firm on a ‘real world’ project. Study visits will also be arranged for students to see how GIS is used in Industry or Governmental Agencies.
The course is composed of lectures, seminars and project work.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
- GIS Project Planning & Management
- Introduction to the GIS Project
- Invited lectures on various GIS projects
- Project leadership & Problem solving
- Carrying out a GIS project
Intended learning outcomes
Student shall develop their skills to plan and carry out a GIS project in a team environment.
Literature and preparations
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in civil engineering, geography, technical physics, computer science, statistics, economics, or mathematics. At least 3 credits in each programming, linear algebra, univariate analysis, probability theory and statistics
In Spatial Databases corresponding to the content in course AG2425 and at least one of the courses:
AG1323 GIS for Built Environment
AG2414 Spatial Analysis
and Eng B/6 according to the Swedish upper secondary school system.
Annonseras vid kursens start
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 7.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Approved project reports (7.5 credits); Attending 80% lectures
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AG2421