The design and regulation of road traffic facilities is based on the interrelationship between driver – vehicle – road- and traffic environment including unprotected road users. This requires a thorough understanding of traffic behaviour and traffic process in terms of interactions between different road users. Furthermore traffic legislation and road building regulations create fundamental requirements on which the design of sustainable road traffic facilities must be based.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Intended learning outcomes
Literature and preparations
- Course folder including traffic and road engineering guidelines and manuals. In Swedish
- Vägar och gators utformning (VGU). Vägverket 2004. In Swedish.
- Effektsamband 2000, Vägverket, delen nybyggnad och förbättring (VV 2001:78). In Swedish
- Manual för CAPCAL. In Swedish
- Manual för TRANSYT. In Swedish
- ATB Väg 2003. In Swedish
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- TEN1 - Examination, 4.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Exercises, 3.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AH1022
Main field of study
Courses in the Masters program in Transport systems.