Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
In this course, we explore Stockholm from a history of technology perspective. The course is ”mobile” and takes us to a number of places that rest on some of Stockholm's best preserved secrets. The course activities take as their point of departure ”place-based learning” and include, among other things, city walks, digital group work in the field, photo walks and creative writing assignments in connection with these. This creates a frame for discussion and analysis of technical-historical events that have shaped the urban landscape we see in today's Stockholm.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
- - Give an account of important aspects of Stockholm's history of technology.
- - Describe in writing and photographically how Stockholm's history of technology has contributed to shape the city we see today.
- - Critically review historical statements about Stockholm and its emergence.
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment work, 4.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AK123V