Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
- Cleaner production fundamentals
- Material flow analysis of industrial processes
- Analysis of energy- and exergy efficiency of industrial processes
- Integrated industrial pollution prevention & control and industrial energy management
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student shall be able to independently lead and carry out a material and/or energy flow accounting and analysis for Cleaner Production study in a major production industry including:
- Establishing a material balance for the overall process as well as the most important sub-processes of the industry
- To derive complete energy balances (based on energy and exergy) for the overall process as well as the most important sub-processes of the industry
- Using the above-mentioned results to discuss possibilities of promoting Cleaner Production with focus on industrial energy and materials efficiency
Lectures, seminars, study visit and project work
Literature and preparations
Others: Open for programme students at KTH with at least 180 ECTS or a Bachelor degree for other students
Courses from Upper Secondary School corresponding to the courses Eng B/6 according to the Swedish upper secondary school system
Knowledge in Thermodynamics is recommended
Selected scientific articles and reports
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment 1, 0.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- INL2 - Assignment 2, 0.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- INL3 - Assignment 3, 0.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- NÄR1 - Attendence 1, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PRO1 - Project 1, 4.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
The examination is based on active participation in the course and on the quality of the group task report and individual assignments according to the following:
NÄR1: Active participation in Lecture, Seminar and Study visit: 2 credits
PRO1: Approved group task report: 4 credits
INL1: Approved Individual assignment 1: 0.5 credits
INL2: Approved Individual assignment 2: 0.5 credits
INL3: Approved Individual assignment 3: 0.5 credits
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AL2142