Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Web development interfaces (API): REST, JSON, AJAX, Fetch, Promises.
Local data: cookies, local storage.
User interfaces, appearance: HTML, CSS, DOM API, other tree based frameworks for user interfaces (e g Android).
User interfaces, interaction: events, event levels, event propagation, event management.
User interfaces, architectures: Model-View-Controller.
User interfaces, frameworks: React, Angular, Vue.
Intended learning outcomes
Having passed the course, the student will be able to
- program interactive web applications according to Model-View-Controller or related architectures
- program systems that read data from, and send data to, web interfaces with good use qualities
- assess and improve the usability of existing interactive web applications
- cooperate with others to implement interactive web applications.
Literature and preparations
Completed course in programming technique equivalent to DD1337, DD1318 or ID1018.
Corresponding to the course Human-Computer Interaction, introductory course (DH1620/DH2620) and programming competence, elements of object-oriented programming.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB1 - Lab, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PRO1 - Project, 4.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DH2642
Main field of study
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: