Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
- How do second-cycle studies at KTH work?
- How do the labour market and the professional role look? Study visits.
- The aim and parts of the Master's programme: courses, tracks and master thesis.
- Self-reflection- what do I want with my education?
Intended learning outcomes
After completion of the course, students should be able to:
- compare different workplaces and professions relevant for the education,
- identify properties that employers in the disciplinary domain request
- critically review and reflect in a deeper way over both the set-up and implementation of the education as well as the situation of the studies,
- identify their need of additional knowledge and continuously develop their skills in relation to the objective of the course and the future professional role
in order to:
- obtain the most of the education in a long-term perspective,
- influence the development of the program.
Literature and preparations
Will be available at least 10 weeks before the start of the course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- UPP1 - Assignment 1, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- UPP2 - Assignment 2, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DM2679
Main field of study
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: