DM2800 Leading Complex Change Processes 7.5 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
- Sustainability-related change processes.
- Increased participation, diversity and perspective-taking.
- Systems Theory and Systems Thinking.
- Complexity Theory.
- How to constructively and co-creatively can lead change processes.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to
- orient themselves among theories and analytical tools concerning systems complexity theory, systems thinking, and how to lead change processes
- identify complex sustainability-related problems and with limited information plan for co-creation processes
- analyse limitations of traditional engineering methods when handling complex sustainability-related problems
- lead groups in complex situations in a critical, co-creative, and creative way both alone and in collaboration with others
- develop the practice around co-creative processes
in order to
- be able to understand, relate to, and lead sustainability-related change processes in a world that is characterised by increasing complexity and uncertainty, and take responsibility for their own learning.
Literature and preparations
For admission, a Swedish or foreign higher education qualification is required, equivalent a Degree of Bachelor about 180 higher education credits.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- DEL1 - Active participation, 5.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- INL1 - Hand-in assignment, 2.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Compulsory attendance (75%) on the activities that concern co-creative processes.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DM2800