EL2820 Modelling of Dynamical Systems 7.5 credits
The course teaches systematic method for building mathematical models of technical systems from basic physical relations and measured data.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
- model types
- overview of different physical domains (physics, mechanics, electronics)
- model simplification, differential-algebraic equations
- systematic modelling methods
- object-oriented modelling
- disturbances and disturbance models
- parameter estimation and statistical properties
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to
- formulate basic theory and definitions of important concepts in mathematical modelling of dynamic systems
- retrieve mathematical models for engineering systems based on fundamental physical relations and based on measurement data.
Literature and preparations
Elementary physics and mathematical statistics, basic course or equivalent. Basic control course, EL1000 or equivalent.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB2 - Lab 2, 0.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LAB3 - Lab 3, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LABA - Lab 1, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TENA - Written exam, 3.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web EL2820
Main field of study
The expired modules LAB1 and TEN1 can be examined until Autumn 24.
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: