FAK3142 Advanced Course in Research Ethics 4.5 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
This course develops themes that were introduced in FAK3139 Introduction to Research Ethics. The focus is on problems that the students choose for their individual project tasks.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the PhD student should be able to
- independently describe and discuss research ethical problems in her own subject area,
- provide a nuanced account of different possible approaches to specific research ethical problems,
- analyze and discuss ethical arguments in relation to different approaches to research ethics.
Literature and preparations
Entry requirements for PhD studies.
Course literature will be announced on the course web site no later than four weeks before the course starts.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Exam, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
INL1 - Assignment, 3,0 credits
TEN1 - examination, 1,5 credits
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web FAK3142
Main field of study
To apply for the course, please fill in the form available on this link: https://www.kth.se/form/fak3142-advanced-course-in-research-ethics
Please note! This course replaces F1N5119 Advanced Course in Research Ethics 4.5 credits