HM101X Degree Project in Industrial Business Administration and Manufacturing, First Cycle 15.0 credits
Examensarbete inom industriell ekonomi och produktion, grundnivå
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyIndustrial Management
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
The comprehensive goal is that the student by his own should be capable to apply methods from his engineering training.
After completing the course the student should be able to:
- apply knowledge and skills from the education on real problems
- analyze and treat individually a major problem issue from this technical area
- show ability to reflect about, value and to do critical examination of individual results and from others
- do documentation and presentation for given group of people with demands on structure, formalities and style
- show ability to identify the need for more knowledge and continuous competence development
Course main content
- Preliminary study
- Problem approach, goals, purpose and limitations
- Study of literature or information gathering which display present knowledge from this technical area
- Selection of methods and ways of solution.
- Problem solving
- Report there analyses, result, individual thoughts and recommendations are of great importance
The degree project should include problem approaches which give deeper/wider studies of the technical area. The work is often at a workplace outside KTH. The student is supervised during the degree project by a tutor from KTH as well as from the company. The degree project is accomplished individually or together with another student. The project should be accounted for both in written and oral form in English or Swedish.
A main part of the studies, at least 120 credits must be finished and other relevant courses for the degree project must be passed.
Independent literature searching and studies in the given problem area.
- XUP2 - Concluding Account, 4.0, grading scale: P, F
- XUPA - Account, 11.0, grading scale: P, F
The degree project will be marked by these criteria:
- Engineering and scientific contents
For a passed degree project the student must not fail in anyone of three criteria above.
The mark is decided by the examiner as an overall evaluation after the report has been scrutinized for plagiarism.
Moreover look at the instructions for degree project at ITM/TMT.
Requirements for final grade
Planning and accomplishing of the work according to schedule, written report and oral presentation.
Passed account and passed concluding account.
The final grade is based on all parts. Grading A-F.
ITM/Sustainable Production Development
Alexander Engström <email@example.com>
Bertil Wanner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Claes Hansson <email@example.com>
Mark Lange <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2009.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2013.