Kungliga Tekniska Högskolanhttps://www.kth.se/profile/mlange/
- Professionally active in commercial and industrial sectors as a design engineer and project leader since 1976
- North America; 1976-1990, 2006-2010
- Scandinavia; 1990-2006, 2012-present
- Asia; 2010-2012
- Broad experience with computer systems for design and engineering (CATIA, SolidWorks, CREO, AutoCAD) applied in the development, design and documentation of physical products
- Consultant in product design and development since 1994
- University Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
- Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden) 2012-present
- Dalarna University (Sweden) 2004-2007
- University in Gävle (Sweden) 2003-2004
- 2001: Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2000: Eng.Lic. Computer Support for Design and Manufacturing, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1987: B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
- 1976: Eisenhower High School, Rialto, CA, USA
- Mobile systems (motor vehicle, street sweeper, excavator, skid steer loader, bicycle)
- Currency handling mechanisms and storage security systems for ATM machines.
- Space flight hardware (deployment mechanisms for solar array booms)
- Consumer goods (refrigerator, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, microwave oven, clothes washer)
- Building systems (air handling and cooling, optical connector panels)
- Telecommunications (base transmission station, mobile telephone, wifi station)
- Enclosure hardware and mechanisms for surface profiling instruments.
Professional Focus and Expertise
- Applied mechanical design engineering
- Early product concept design and development
- Module Design and Product Platform Development
- Product design and development processes
- Computer Aided Design (SolidWorks, Creo, Catia, Inventor)
- Product design specification
- Program Management
- Applied module and machine design
- Semiosis and sign semiotics in communication and design
- Documentation and specifications in design processes
- Analogue photography; I have a small camera collection that I use to take pictures and I develop my own film (B&W, C41 and E6). Photography styles; Urban Architecture.
- Lego; I collect Lego and build stuff to explore my creativity.
- Long distance bicycling. I often ride to work in Södertälje, which is a 25km trip one way.
- I have three adult children. I am married for the second time.
- I am not Swedish. Go figure.
Computer Based Product Development Tools, Basic Course (ML1209), examiner, course responsible, teacher | Course web
Computer-aided Mechanical Design, Continuation Course (ML1332), examiner, course responsible, teacher | Course web
Degree Project in Innovation and Design, First Cycle (ML102X), examiner, teacher | Course web
Degree Project in Mechanical Engineering, First Cycle (ML100X), examiner | Course web
Machine Components (ML1204), course responsible | Course web
Machine Components (ML1206), course responsible, teacher | Course web
Product Development and Design (ML1213), teacher | Course web
Product Development, Project course (ML1343), examiner, course responsible, teacher | Course web