LH217V Leading Educational Development 3.0 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course is built up around the following themes:
- The control, management, evaluation and development of higher education
- Student influence
- Research and labour market links
- Gender and equal opportunities
- Sustainable development:
Intended learning outcomes
The general aim of the course is that educational leaders at KTH Royal Institute of Technology should be given the opportunity to develop knowledge, methods and approaches that benefit the exercise of educational leadership and development in the department/programme/school. After the course, participants are expected to be able to
- describe their own roles as leaders;
- problematise and create a personal perspective on the relationship between their own roles as leaders, and those of upper management, operational support, co-workers and students;
- problematise and create a personal perspective on the requirements of regulatory documents
- implement current central and local rules and guidelines;
- design methods and processes that favour the development of education in collaboration between colleagues, students and operational support, and that at the same time can create a basis for quality assurance;
- describe a vision for the specialisation and design of the education in a long-term perspective.
Literature and preparations
LH231V or the equivalent course from another university. This course is intended for teachers with leadership positions in the development of education
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The course is examined based on preparation, active attendance at course meetings and through written assignments.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LH217V
Main field of study
Prerequisite is the course LH231V or equivalent from KTH or another university or college.
The course is aimed primarily at teaching staff at KTH.
Teachers from other universities are welcome subject to availability.