After the course, you as a supervisor and examiner should be able to:
- plan, implement, analyze and develop courses in independent work,
- choose and apply method for supervision of independent work,
- supervise students individually and in groups,
- create conditions that benefit students' independence, commitment and development,
- examine and grade students' independent work in process and product
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Rules and guidelines relevant for the implementation of the degree project in Swedish higher education, and local regulations at KTH
Forms of supervision, methodology and structure
Subject-specific information retrieval
Oral and written communication, plagiarism
Assessment and grading
Sustainable development, gender equality, diversity and equal treatment in relation to the degree project process
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, you, as a supervisor and examiner, should be able to:
1. plan, carry out, analyse and develop courses for independent work
2. choose and apply methods for supervision of independent work
3. supervise students individually and in groups
4. create conditions that foster students' independence, commitment and development
5. examine and grade students' independent work, regarding both process and product
Literature and preparations
FLH3000 Basic Communication and Teaching, LH201V Learning and Teaching or equivalent pedagogical courses of at least 3 credits.
Prerequsite is 3 credit course in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. For ex. Basic communication and Teachning (FLH3000) or Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (LH231V).
The course is tailored for teachers at KTH. It is included in course offerings that meet KTH's requirement of 15 credits in university teaching for employment or promotion to a teaching position.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Hand in assignment, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Written examination and independent practical labs using selected learning platforms
Other requirements for final grade
Compulsory attendance in the course sessions
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LH219V
Main field of study
The course is aimed primarily at teaching staff at KTH.
Teachers from other universities are welcome subject to availability.