The purpose of the programme integrating course includes clarifying how the programme's individual courses are united in a coherent whole, and to guide the students into the role of teacher.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The aim of the programme integrating course is to give the students an better understanding of how the degree programme is structured and how its courses contribute to providing the knowledge required for a specialist teacher degree (Degree of Master of Arts/Science in (upper) secondary education) and success in the teaching profession. Strong emphasis is placed on discussing and analysing similarities and differences between the research role and the teaching role and how earlier professional and educational experiences can be of benefit in the teaching.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student shall be able to
1. Discuss the relation of the studies to the professional roles of the teacher
2. Relate previous education and professional or vocational experiences to the studies and the future task as teacher
3. Discuss the democracy mission of the school, fundamental values and the interdisciplinary perspective of the curricula
4. Review critically, reflect and document both the set-up and implementation of the education and its relevance for future professional roles and the own study effort
5. Follow (or create) a theme in the educational programme and see the progression in both subject knowledge and generic skills in relation to the objective of the course and the teaching profession
6. Identify his/her need of additional knowledge and continuously develop his/her skills in order to
- take responsibility for his/her own learning and what he/she wants to achieve with the education
- utilise the time as a student in the best possible way
- create routines for lifelong learning
- obtain an overall picture of the teacher education and the school system
- influence the development of the programme
Literature and preparations
Licentiate or Doctoral Degree in technology, mathematics or natural sciences.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- SEM1 - Seminars and written assignments, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LT1040
Main field of study
Active participation in compulsory lectures.