Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course focuses on the decisions and measures that a founder or company leader takes to identify possibilities, acquire and allocate resources, lead staff, and adapt personal aims and company strategies to changed preconditions. The course offers a mixture of types of instruction for example lectures, seminars, case discussions, workshops and guest lectures. The course covers several important fields, including:
- why companies grow and what it means for the society as a whole,
- how a company can remain entrepreneurial when it enters a growth stage,
- what ethical growth is.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
1. Describe and analyse the challenges for a fast growing companies.
2. Describe and discuss how the preconditions for growth companies are influenced by technological changes, societal changes and changes of user behaviour.
3. Develop and present a strategy to scale up the activities of a growth company and control its growth.
4. Develop and present a marketing strategy to a growth company with special focus on international establishment.
5. Explain and discuss in what way innovation management can be crucial for the development of a growth company.
6. Explain and justify different ”exit alternatives” for a growth company.
Literature and preparations
Fulfilled the requirements for Degree of Bachelor of Science.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL3 - Assignment, group, 3.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- INL4 - Assignment, individual, 4.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
INL3 and INL4 have requirements of compulsory participation.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web ME2624
Main field of study
Overlap with ME2817