Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course focuses on how to develop and implement a coherent strategy in today's industry with specific emphasis on the conditions that apply for knowledge and technology intensive companies.
The main fields of study for the course are:
- Analysis of the surrounding competitive environment
- Analysis of industrial structures and how these emerge
- Economies of scale and economies of scope
- Discussion on resources and capacities
- Discussion on creating and maintaining competitive advantages
- Organizational transformation and structural change
These main fields of study are discussed based on modern research and with support of a number of shorter case studies that are based on contemporary industrial problems, mainly with Swedish background.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the students should be able to:
- give an account of leading frames, theories and central concepts related to strategic management
- analyse strategic management challenges by means of central frames, theories and concepts related to strategic management
See the course syllabus.
Literature and preparations
Achieved the requirements for a Degree of Bachelor of Science
ME1314/ME1305Introduction to Industrial Engineering and Management or ME1003 Industrial Management, Basic Course, completed
None in addition to the specific prerequisites.
No information inserted
Course literature will be announced at the start of the course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Mid Term Exam, 1,5 hp, betygsskala: P, F
- TEN2 - Final Exam, 4,5 hp, betygsskala: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Assignment, 1,5 hp, betygsskala: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
See the course syllabus.
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
Decided by the examiner.
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web ME2718
Main field of study
See the course and program directory.
Anders Broström (email@example.com), 790 6795
Replaces AH2018 Management & Strateg