MF204X Degree Project in Mechatronics, Second Cycle 30.0 credits
Examensarbete inom mekatronik, avancerad nivå
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of studyMechanical Engineering
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the student will be able to:
- apply relevant knowledge and skills acquired in the technology to a given problem
- within a given framework, even with limited information, independently analyze and discuss complex issues, and dealing with major problems at the advanced level in the technology
- reflect on and critically review their own and others' scientific achievements
- be able to document and present their work, for a given target, with the highest standards of structural, formal and language processing
- be able to identify the need for further knowledge and continuously upgrade their skills
These KTH common goals should be the basis of course objectives for all theses. Additional or specific price target for the thesis may be developed by schools, for training or for individual graduate work topics
Specific learning outcomes:
- show deep knowledge about the principles of Mechatronics systems architecture and functions.
- be able to compare and critically assess aspects on an engineering problem the needs a complex physical product as part of the solution.
- demonstrate an ability to orally and in writing present and discuss conclusions for mechatronic problems and solutions..
Course main content
The main content will be adapted to the situation that the thesis is expected to be performed, subject specialization, application area, academic or industirell environment, national or international etctra.
Students are expected to demonstrate their ability to, with a high degree of initiative and independence formulate and solve an engineering problem using a wide range of knowledge and skills. The topic of the thesis may vary but it must contain a significant technical content and have a clear orientation to mechatronics
The thesis should be part of a deepening in the chosen main subject (Mechanical Engineering) and / or technical field and at the advanced level to meet the requirements for a degree. In the normal case required the compulsory courses in the master program Engineering Design / Mechatronics, as entry requirements. Depending on the focus and depth of the degree work exemptions can be made if the current knowledge base, is still in the main field. If the student wants their final thesis in an area outside the field of technology / training program this must be approved by the direcctor of undergraduate studies (GA).
It is expected that students will use modern webtools and databases to find relevant scientific literature and to find additional ways to other inforamtion sources that improve learning and problem solving
- XUPP - Examination Question, 30.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
Damir Nesic (email@example.com)
Dejiu Chen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hans Johansson <email@example.com>
Jan Wikander <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Lei Feng <email@example.com>
Martin Edin Grimheden <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Martin Törngren <email@example.com>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2011.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2007.